Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) is a new initiative
of Agriculture Research, funded by World Bank and Government of India on sharing basis.
successful implementation and monitoring of this project is on the shoulder of Education
Division, ICAR, New Delhi. NAHEP is ambitious step of ICAR for to strengthen the
agricultural education system in the country with financial assistance of the World Bank
investing on infrastructure, competency and commitment of faculty, and attracting
students to agriculture. Navsari Agricultural University is one of the institutions in
selected for implementation of Sub-Component- Advanced Agricultural Science and
(CAAST). The project is approved to NAU during 2018, in the theme of Secondary
Entitled “Establishment of Secondary Agriculture Unit for Skill Development in Students
Farmers at NAU, Navsari”.
Objectives of CAAST project at NAU are:
- • To acquaint PG students with latest technologies in different spheres of secondary
agriculture utilizing national and international expertise.
- • To develop technologies for processing and waste utilization in agriculture and
fields, analytical techniques and its commercialization to private companies,
entrepreneurs and agro-industries through strengthening of facilities and
Opportunities to PG students under CAAST Project:
- • Provision for training in Universities/Institutes of Higher Learning and in
- • Provision for Exposure Visits to Universities/Institutes/Private
- • Provision for Participation in Vocational Courses/Workshops/Seminars/Symposia
- • Provision for Participation in Collaborative Research in various
Thematic areas under CAAST Project and Departments Involved:
||Processing and Waste Utilization in Horticultural Produce
||Post Harvest Technology,
||Scientific Utilization of Non-Timber Forest Products and Medicinal and
||Forest Products and Utilization,
Forest Biology and Tree Improvement,
Silviculture & Agroforestry.
||Pesticide Residue Analysis
||Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry,
Agronomy (Weed Management),
Plant Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
Terms and Conditions:
- 1. Post graduate students from Agriculture / Forestry / Horticulture faculties
In-Service Candidates are eligible for admittance in CAAST programme on secondary
- 2. Students enrolled in departments (column III) mentioned for each thematic area
(column I) would be preferable for eligible for participation, if seats remain
above thematic area only after preference would be given to respective faculties.
- 3. Total Thirty (30) M.Sc. students and Fifteen (15) Ph.D. students from three
areas (Agriculture/Forestry/Horticulture) would be selected for participation in
- 4. M.Sc. and Ph.D. students admitted in 2020 onwards are eligible for applying in
sub-project and should have a CGPA of 7.0 and above in their graduation or post
- 5. Overall, 33.33 per cent of the positions would be reserved for girl students. In
case, the girls’ enrollment is overriding boys, due representation would be provided
boys. In case of non-availability of eligible students, the reserved seats for
may be interchanged so that positions are not wasted.
- 6. Selected students will be a part of CAAST till March 2023 or the submission of
thesis on and before March 2023
- 7. Selected students can be discontinued from CAAST owing to
indiscipline/misbehavior/lack of attendance or if they cause damage to the property
during the training or research programme at any time by issue of one week’s notice.
the end of the training period, the appointee has no right to claim any employment
engagement in NAU.
- 8. Selected students will be governed by Common PG Rules and Regulations of SAUs in
- 9. Both Master’s and Ph.D. students admitted in CAAST sub-project would be eligible
international training if possible as per prevailing COVID-19.
- 10. For international training, managing a visa and passport would be sole
responsibility of the selected P.G. students.
- 11. No TA, DA will be paid for appearing in the exam/group discussion and attending
- 12. The applicant must bring with them original documents and one set of photocopy
related documents/testimonials at the time of interview, failing which he/she shall
be allowed to appear the interview.
- 13. Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- 14. Interview committee reserves all rights to reject any or all candidates.
- 15. Information pertaining to selection is available on NAU website:
http://www.nau.in/under Circular Section.